All answers to your questions :
- Tickets and admission prices
- The Palace
How to get to Versailles by public transport ?
Check our Access section here : Getting here
- What time is the last train?
From Versailles Rive Gauche railway station 11:55 pm
From Versailles Rive Droite railway station 12:15 am
From Versailles Chantiers railway station 12:31 am
Where can I park my car? Is it far to the show site?
You can park your car on the Place d'Armes (free of charge after 7:30 pm)
If there is no room left in the car park, you can park your car in the city's other car parks or in the streets around the Palace.
To get to the various shows sites and the Gardens, you just have to walk through the Cour d'Honneur of the Palace.
Can I come with my dog?
The dogs are not allowed in the grounds of the Palace and the Gardens.
They are nonetheless welcome in the Park.
- Can I come with a pushchair?
Pushchairs are not allowed in the Palace. They can be kept at the left luggage office.
But they are welcome in the Gardens.
- What is the difference between the Musical Fountains Show, the Fountains Night Show and the Musical Gardens?
The Musical Fountains Show, the Fountains Night Show and the Musical Gardens are musical walks in the Gardens. The groves, usually closed to the public are accessible at these events.
- How long does the Fountains Night Show last?
Approx. 2 hours ½, from the opening of the Gardens at 9 pm till the end of the fireworks at 11:30pm.
- In case of bad weather, will the shows be cancelled?
No, the shows will still take place.
The Musical Fountains Show is a walk around the Gardens. The shows are rarely cancelled (only when bad weather requires us to close the Gardens).
The open-air shows will be cancelled in case of bad weather likely to affect the show. In that case, you will be informed on our website.
Tickets and admission prices
- I already have my tickets, at what time should I arrive?
- The doors to shows inside the Palace (the Opera, the Royal Chapel, the Hall of Mirrors etc.) open one hour before the show starts. Entrance is not allowed once the show has started.
- Access to the Musical Fountains Show is allowed during performance.
- Access to the show The Horses of the Sun–Grand Carrousel Royal is allowed from 8 pm.
Where can I collect tickets purchased at the last minute, or not received?
- If you booked your tickets on the same day or in the 3 days prior to the show, you can collect them on the evening of the show at the Ticket Desk or Prepaid Ticket Desk situated at the entrance to the show site.
- If you should have received your tickets at home as you booked your tickets more than 4 days before the show, you may call the Booking Service on +33 (0)220.127.116.11.89 to organize duplicates (from Monday to Friday, and on Saturday for the shows taking place on Saturday evening).
You should then collect your duplicates at the Ticket Desk or Prepaid Ticket Desk situated at the entrance to the show site.
Where is the Box Office for shows at Versailles?
The Box Office for shows–Versailles Spectacles does not deal with customers directly. We advise you to phone or book tickets online.
However, our office is situated in the gardens of the Pavillon des Roulettes, in front of the Neptune Fountain.
I am 26 years old. Can I get a discount ticket as a young visitor?
No, the discount ticket is only available to those aged under 26, until the last day of their 25th year.
- What is the difference between a member of the Cercle de l'Opéra Royal and a subscriber to the Royal Opera
Membership to the Cercle de l'Opéra Royal allows you to make your own selection among shows from our seasonal program. It also gives free access to the Musical Fountains and to the Musical Gardens Shows.
Subscription to the Royal Opera gives you reduced admission price to certain shows on specific days.
Can I buy tickets for a show on the evening of the performance? Is there a discount for last minute tickets?
Yes, you can buy tickets at the Ticket Desk of the Opera on the evening of the performance, provided there are seats available.
The prices are the same as if you buy them by phone or online.
- What cards do you take at the Fountains Shows booths ?
We accept the following cards: Carte Bleue (CB), Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, International Diners’ Club and Union Pay.
Are there toilets in the Gardens?
Toilets are available in the Cour d'Honneur, in the Cour des Princes, in the Grand Trianon and at the entrance to the Grand Canal (Petite Venise).
Where is the Opera?
The Opera is situated inside the Palace. The entrance is through Gate B, on your right in the Cour d'Honneur, next to the Royal Chapel.
- Are there picnic areas in the Gardens?
Yes, there are designated picnic areas.
- Can I rent an electric car for the Fountains Night Show? Does the little train run at night?
No, neither the electric car nor the little train are available at night. However they are available during the daytime Musical Fountains Show.
Where can I find accommodation in Versailles within walking distance of the Palace?
You can find a list of accommodation facilities at Versailles Tourist Information Center available on request on +33 (0)1 39 24 88 88.
- Where can I have a bite in Versailles before the show?
You can find a list of restaurants at Versailles Tourist Information Center available on request on +33 (0)1 39 24 88 88.
A bar is open during each show.
- Is the Palace open today? What time does it close?
See the opening times of the Palace of Versailles.
I would like to visit the Marie-Antoinette's Estate / the Trianon during daytime and then attend the Fountains Night Show / the Royal Serenade. Do I have to buy a ticket to the Musical Fountains Show if I want to go through the Gardens?
You need to buy two different tickets to attend the Musical Fountains Show and the double bill the Fountains Night Show / the Royal Serenade. You thus need to buy another ticket to go through the Gardens during the Musical Fountains Show.
If you do not wish to buy another ticket, you can take an alternative route through the Park and the city.